client w

Friday, July 29, 2005

Foodie

Okay. Food critic time. This took me three hours. Keep in mind with the dishes that I didn't pay for all of those. I'm a lucky man to have tried all of them though.

I am dividing this into 4 sections:

A. My favorite 10 foods. Foodstuffs. Ingredients. Altered or otherwise.
B. My favorite 10 dishes. On a menu somewhere. Probably in Minneapolis, because I haven't had the chance to travel that much. With an estimated price tag.
C. My favorite 10 restaurants in the Twin Cities area. I have to do this every once in awhile.
D. My favorite 10 beverages, alcoholic or otherwise, that I have ever tried.

A.
1. Strawberries
2. Spinach
3. Kalamata Olives
4. Gyro Meat (Halal Lamb)
5. Miso (Preferably Brown)
6. Hummus (Smooth, Garlic, Lemon, and Oil)
7. Sashimi-Grade Tuna
8. Red Bell Peppers
9. Uni (Sea Urchin Roe)
10. Mock Duck (Seitan)

B.
1. Chili-Tamarind Stir Fry with Mock Duck - 8.95 - True Thai (Minneapolis)
2. Gyro Sandwich and Hummus Appetizer - 6.00 + 4.00 - Holy Land Bakery and Deli (Minneapolis)
3. Misir Key Wot with Injera and Selata - 8.00 - Fasika (St. Paul)
4. Tiradito (Peruvian Style Sashimi), Kaki Age Donburi
(Small Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura on Rice) with Salad and Miso Soup, and a complimentary unknown Chocolate Dessert courtesy of the chef - 18.00 + 15.00 - Nobu (New York)
5. Hu Tieu Chay (Tofu and Vegetable Rice Noodle Soup) and Vegetarian Spring Rolls with a Peanut Sauce - 6.25 + 3.25 - Quang Restaurant (Minneapolis)
6. Saag Paneer (Spinach and Cheese) and Naan Bread with Plum and Mint Sauce - 8.00 + 2.00 - Taste of India (St. Louis Park)
7. Spinach, Roasted Tomato and Gruyere Organic Buckwheat Crepe with Petite Mixed Greens Salad, Pommes Frites with Saffron Aioli, Nicoise Salad - 9.00 + 6.00 + 12.00 - Cafe Barbette (Minneapolis)
8. Una-Ju (Grilled Fresh-Water Eel on Rice) with Salad and Miso Soup, and Egg Sushi, Uni Sushi, and Tuna Sushi (all Nigiri-Style) - 18.75 + ??? - Origami (Minneapolis)
9. Grilled Yellowfin “Ahi” Tuna with Red Wine Reduction and Exotic Mushrooms, Asparagus with Hollandaise, Steamed Mussels à La Mariniere, and Crème brûlée - 26.00 + 6.00 + ??? + 5.00 - The Oceanaire Seafood Room (Minneapolis)
10. Gaeng Masman Curry with Tofu and Som Tum (Papaya Salad) - 6.75 + 7.25 - Puhket Thai Restaurant (Minneapolis)

C.
1. Holy Land Bakery and Deli
2. True Thai
3. Nami
4. Origami
5. Fasika
6. Black Sea Restaurant
7. Quang Restaurant
8. Restaurant Alma
9. Taste of India
10. Peking Garden

D.
1. Newman's Own Virgin Lemonade
2. Midori and Svedka Clementine Vodka Sour
3. Cold Press with Cream, Raw Sugar
4. Matsuhisa Sake (Served Warm)
5. Taylor's Vintage 2000 Port Wine
6. Silk Soymilk (Regular)
7. Metromint Water
8. Orange Soda and Root Beer Mix
9. Green Mango "Snow" Bubble Tea Slushy (Boba Boca)
10. Gekkeikan Plum Wine
Jean-Louis 9:24 PM

7 Comments:

quang is only number seven??
well, coming from a boozer like you...(4 out of 10 drinks alcoholic)
Okay, Quang is good, alright. But I only eat ONE thing on the menu. I mean, I like some other dishes, but due to my lifestyle, I haven't tried them out. Second, there are pretty much 3 styles of cooking for entrees. All delicious, but only 3 styles.

There are really great appetizers there, and the noodle soups are one of the amazing gifts of the celestial goddess, or something. But it's still limited until I expand my boundaries to include meat, pork, and chicken from questionable origins (factories?).

A note on the alcohol - I had one glass of the port wine. Plum wine is relatively low on alcohol. And I have only experienced the perfection that is the Midori sour with clementine vodka once! Uno. So there goes. By the way, sugar and a pinch of bitters on the rim all the way.
and a lime...
okay okay. i'll let the "vegetarian" stand his ground on being "not an alcoholic."
okay okay. i'll let the "vegetarian" stand his ground on being "not an alcoholic."
i kid i kid. yes.
OMG you 4got 2 add bacon to ur list! lol! U R 2 craZee! C U l8r!

Add a comment