Monday, July 18, 2005
Kaisatsuguchi
Namiko is a very cool lady. Her help has been nice so far. I plan on getting a jump start on Japanese through her and the book that Emily dropped off to me before. It's helpful.
"Kaisatsuguchi de teikiken o miseru." You know, that's actually a very weird moment. It's a little event that you don't exactly remember vividly. For me though, it's connected to one particular experience. The subways.
Today I went back to Little Tijuana, and my meal was paid for unexpectedly. Karma I suppose. It was really good today. The table crayons were used to draw multiple things. Death drew this weird lance-piercing-dragon scene. I drew a chocolate ice cream cone with a slice of orange, a rich kid slashing his wrists, a guy with green wires growing out of his ears, and "Fukuoka, Japan" and an old school flag. The red sun you know, with the rays shining out. Tone drew Kang, who claimed to be pleased by tacos as much as conquest. And Tom drew one of those heads. You know, those ones that he does.
Wow. It's cooler. I can feel the difference. Sarcasm.
I haven't shaved in a week and a half, at least. Not the main beard part anyway. I look like a park ranger. Who doesn't shave. Some guy in my apartment asked if I had any mushrooms. He was going to Willy Wonka.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a respite from the heat. I will be cleaning. I will be drinking coffee. I will be going on a walk. Maybe an emotion or two will come out. It will squeak out, and I'll make an excuse for my smile or blink. I want to give in, I want to be excited again. This time I won't have to go to Subway beforehand. I won't have to act goofy or buy Torani or play Depeche Mode before I go. It'll probably already be on. Like it was in Little Tijuana today. That's the future, a dash of the past but much better I suppose. Nothing relived really, just noticing the little moments more during the new experiences. "Kaisatsuguchi de teikiken o miseru." I'm not quoting an anime, I promise. I don't watch those anymore. Haven't for years. This is my own special little phrase. Now if I could only just say it fluently. I sound like an idiot. I am rambling on like a Too Much Coffee Man character. I should get up at 7 and hang out on the red velvet couch at the local jeweler's coffeeshop (that's a metaphor for which coffeeshop it is) and then I'll uh, sit there. Maybe read something.
I need to shave. It's irritating. The cat attacked my shoe. It's getting spayed tomorrow. My new shoe...
Clean, cold metal is refreshing to touch. I like escalators. It's bizarre. It's not ambiguous at least.
People with red rooms are cool. Generally.
Mmm little wires. Then fuzziness. Alternate. It's like caffeinated and then sugarless. Switching between the two, drinking sips of stomach-lining disintegrating soda pop. A special additional ingredient is the blood of murdered union workers. Also, there are girls that get all the love.. with dark eyeliner falling from the sky and splatting all over the sidewalks. There are 60's Africola TV commercial extras from Western Germany marching around with Nina Hagen. They will protect my grandpa and his briefcase from the mob of Aveda Institute girls. Those zombies, that army.
"Kaisatsuguchi de teikiken o miseru." You know, that's actually a very weird moment. It's a little event that you don't exactly remember vividly. For me though, it's connected to one particular experience. The subways.
Today I went back to Little Tijuana, and my meal was paid for unexpectedly. Karma I suppose. It was really good today. The table crayons were used to draw multiple things. Death drew this weird lance-piercing-dragon scene. I drew a chocolate ice cream cone with a slice of orange, a rich kid slashing his wrists, a guy with green wires growing out of his ears, and "Fukuoka, Japan" and an old school flag. The red sun you know, with the rays shining out. Tone drew Kang, who claimed to be pleased by tacos as much as conquest. And Tom drew one of those heads. You know, those ones that he does.
Wow. It's cooler. I can feel the difference. Sarcasm.
I haven't shaved in a week and a half, at least. Not the main beard part anyway. I look like a park ranger. Who doesn't shave. Some guy in my apartment asked if I had any mushrooms. He was going to Willy Wonka.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a respite from the heat. I will be cleaning. I will be drinking coffee. I will be going on a walk. Maybe an emotion or two will come out. It will squeak out, and I'll make an excuse for my smile or blink. I want to give in, I want to be excited again. This time I won't have to go to Subway beforehand. I won't have to act goofy or buy Torani or play Depeche Mode before I go. It'll probably already be on. Like it was in Little Tijuana today. That's the future, a dash of the past but much better I suppose. Nothing relived really, just noticing the little moments more during the new experiences. "Kaisatsuguchi de teikiken o miseru." I'm not quoting an anime, I promise. I don't watch those anymore. Haven't for years. This is my own special little phrase. Now if I could only just say it fluently. I sound like an idiot. I am rambling on like a Too Much Coffee Man character. I should get up at 7 and hang out on the red velvet couch at the local jeweler's coffeeshop (that's a metaphor for which coffeeshop it is) and then I'll uh, sit there. Maybe read something.
I need to shave. It's irritating. The cat attacked my shoe. It's getting spayed tomorrow. My new shoe...
Clean, cold metal is refreshing to touch. I like escalators. It's bizarre. It's not ambiguous at least.
People with red rooms are cool. Generally.
Mmm little wires. Then fuzziness. Alternate. It's like caffeinated and then sugarless. Switching between the two, drinking sips of stomach-lining disintegrating soda pop. A special additional ingredient is the blood of murdered union workers. Also, there are girls that get all the love.. with dark eyeliner falling from the sky and splatting all over the sidewalks. There are 60's Africola TV commercial extras from Western Germany marching around with Nina Hagen. They will protect my grandpa and his briefcase from the mob of Aveda Institute girls. Those zombies, that army.
Jean-Louis 4:59 AM


