Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Rejection
This morning was terrible.
11:30, I was supposed to meet someone that I'd only once ran into. Before I arrived, I felt an overwhelming anxiety the likes of which I hadn't seen in years. I had no real intentions but to make a good impression. But this feeling cut me off completely, I looked medicated.
About an hour later, and I'd wasted their time. Well, I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. I'm sure that they'll remember me at least for a day or so, but let's just say that it ended with "I'm not sure we should meet again."
I believe that part of it was that I didn't really answer any question frankly, despite my declaration at the end that I too was a frank person. They sure were frank about their dislike.
The irony is that after this friendly rejection, I ran into three friends whom I had fallen out of touch with. We all made plans for Saturday night.
:)
11:30, I was supposed to meet someone that I'd only once ran into. Before I arrived, I felt an overwhelming anxiety the likes of which I hadn't seen in years. I had no real intentions but to make a good impression. But this feeling cut me off completely, I looked medicated.
About an hour later, and I'd wasted their time. Well, I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. I'm sure that they'll remember me at least for a day or so, but let's just say that it ended with "I'm not sure we should meet again."
I believe that part of it was that I didn't really answer any question frankly, despite my declaration at the end that I too was a frank person. They sure were frank about their dislike.
The irony is that after this friendly rejection, I ran into three friends whom I had fallen out of touch with. We all made plans for Saturday night.
:)
Jean-Louis 3:24 PM
2 Comments:
sorry i ruin your dating oppertunities;
the computer vultures are hovering, salivating.
the computer vultures are hovering, salivating.
, at 2:25 AM
The part where you flew in with your jet pack and blew away the girl that I was meeting was my favorite. Unfortunately, it was a friendly jaunt for coffee, which promptly made me sick. It was yuppie roast. Shortly thereafter you made yuppie roast too.
, at 4:17 PM


